Body camera footage and Officer reports from Last nights police chase and serious accident

September 14th, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Police Body camera footage:

Police Radio Traffic:

Police Officer Reports:


Flagstaff Police Statement:

FLAGSTAFF, AZ (September 14, 2017): The Flagstaff Police Department is investigating a serious injury accident resulting from a suspected intoxicated driver evading police after a report of a drive by shooting.

On 9-13-17, at approximately 8:55 PM, officers with the Flagstaff Police Department responded to the 2200 block of North Izabel Avenue in reference to a report of a drive by shooting which did not result in any fatalities or injuries. Upon arrival officers located shell casings in the area confirming the report and witnesses described a black vehicle fleeing the area at a high rate of speed.

Another officer who was investigating an unrelated theft call located a black vehicle at Buffalo Park shortly after the report of the drive by shooting. As the officer approached the vehicle on foot to make contact and investigate his theft report, the driver put the vehicle in gear and fled the area at a high rate of speed. The Officer

Tito Whiterock

observed the driver and passenger of the black car with cans of beer in their hands. He obtained a license plate number, vehicle description and informed other officers of the suspected intoxicated driver who had left the area.

Shortly after he aired the description of the vehicle other officers saw the vehicle driving recklessly through the Sunnyside Neighborhood. Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop, however the vehicle did not immediately stop. The vehicle eventually pulled over to the side of the road at the 3300 block of East Route 66 after initially failing to yield to police. As the officer exited his vehicle and commanded the driver to turn his vehicle off the driver fled the traffic stop at a high rate of speed. Officers initiated a

pursuit that was terminated shortly thereafter when speeds became high. Officers turned off their lights and sirens and slowed down. Approximately 20 seconds after the pursuit ended, the vehicle was involved in an injury accident with two other vehicles occupied by citizens. Officers engaged their lights and sirens a second time and proceeded to the accident scene to treat injured parties and investigate. Six individuals including the driver were transported to the hospital for treatment.

During this investigation Mr. Tito Whiterock (30 years of age of Flagstaff, AZ) was identified as the driver and arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and fleeing from a police officer. This case is actively being investigated and additional charges may result as the investigation continues.  As information becomes available and can be released it will be posted to  Please check that site periodically for further information.

Flagscanner original story:

At 9:25 P.M. Wednesday night, a Flagstaff Police Officer was conducting a follow-up investigation to an earlier theft at Buffalo Park. At some point in his investigation, the officer noticed a driver in a black car, in the lot with a beer in his hand. When the officer attempted to make contact with the driver, they took off from the park at a high rate of speed. Another Officer in the area, spotted the car traveling east bound on Cedar at approximately 75 mph, and tried pulling the car over. Officers also stated that this car may be involved in an earlier drive by shooting that happened in the 2200 block of Izabel (see our post on this incident by clicking here) There were 2 heavy-set Native American males in the suspect vehicle, and both were seen with beers in their hands while in the car.

The Officer who spotted the car along Cedar, was not able to catch up to it, and lost sight of it in the area of West St. An APB/ Attempt to locate was put out to all surrounding agencies for the vehicle. Eventually, Flagstaff Police Officers located the vehicle again on 7th Ave traveling at a high rate of speed and tried pulling the vehicle over again, using lights and sirens. The pursuit reached speeds of over 100 mph along Route 66, before a supervisor ordered all units to terminate the pursuit due to safety concerns at 9:39 P.M. Upon breaking away from the pursuit, officers stated the car continued north on Hwy 89 from Country Club at over 100 mph. Less than 30 seconds later, Officers reported that the suspect had collided head-on with two other cars in front of Safeway at Marketplace at Highway 89.On scene reports indicated at least 7 people injured, many of them trapped and unconscious. The extent of their injuries is not known, however several people were taken to the FMC Trauma Center in critical condition.



Never see a survey, ad, or pop up again while viewing articles. Plus other awesome benefits when you subscribe to the FLAGscanner Premiere membership.

Click here to signup


Subscribe to a Daily Digest of all our Alerts and Arrest Reports. You'll receive one email at the end of the day that contains a list of all the days posts including the arrest report.

Comments are closed.