From Coconino County Emergency Management
From the NWS
FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING
Flood Watch issued September 19 at 1:36PM MST until September 22 at 11:00PM MST by NWS Flagstaff AZ
* WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…Eastern Coconino County including Flagstaff and Tuba City,
most of Navajo and Apache counties including Navajo and Hopi
* WHEN…From Tuesday afternoon through Thursday evening.
* IMPACTS…Flash flooding will be possible in creeks, normally dry
washes, swimming holes and over recently burned areas. Low-water
crossings could also experience flash flooding, which would create
deadly travel conditions. Consider changing your plans if you were
going to hike, boat, or paddleboard to a slot canyon or normally
dry wash. If you do still decide to recreate, check in at a nearby
visitor center or ranger station.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– Deep moisture will interact with a low pressure system west
of the state to bring a threat of occasional showers and
thunderstorms with heavy rainfall from Tuesday afternoon
through Thursday evening.
– Visit www.weather.gov/safety/flood for more information on
Click HERE to sign up for Coconino County Emergency Notifications and alerts.