8 AM 12/1/2023
From the NWS: Areas of snow showers above 5000-6000 feet elevation will push into eastern AZ this morning with a lull in the activity elsewhere through early afternoon. By mid to late afternoon, another round of snow showers will develop as a disturbance dips down out of Utah. Improving conditions will spread from west to east across the region tonight, with fair weather from Saturday through next week.
ADOT snowplows are working around the clock in affected areas. Motorists are reminded not to tailgate a snowplow – leave four car lengths between the snowplow and your vehicle – and do not pass a snowplow. Let the snowplow clear the roadway of snow and ice, allowing for safer travel for everyone.
- Interstate 40: OPEN in both directions.
- Interstate 17: OPEN in both directions.
- Black ice was reported on and around overpasses near Munds Park.
- Highway 89 North: OPEN in both directions.
- Snow and ice on the road surface in some areas.
- Highway 180: OPEN in both directions.
- Snow and ice on the road surface in some areas. (MP236-248.)
- Highway 89A: OPEN in both directions.
- Flagstaff Streets: Most surface streets are plowed and have no issues.