UPDATE to suspicious gas smell at NAU this morning



NAU Personnel have identified the odor as being caused by flooding of utility tunnels on campus. Cold water coming in contact with hot water lines is causing steam to enter the buildings through the tunnels. The odor is non-toxic, but is a nuisance. This is NOT A GAS LEAK. Personnel are currently attempting to drain the water from the tunnels, vent the affected buildings and test the air quality. As buildings are vented and test to acceptable levels, occupants will be allowed to return. At this time, Wilson and Cowden halls have been cleared to re-enter.

 

If you have been evacuated from your building, DO NOT re-enter the building until being advised to do so. Of the affected buildings, only Wilson and Cowden have been cleared to re-enter at this time.

(Visited 81 times, 1 visits today)